3 September 2014

The Last of the Martin Beck series


   
   


Author: Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö
Translator: Unknown
Series: Martin Beck
Year published: 1968, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1974, 1975
Pages: Approx 300 pages each
Time It Took To Read: An hour or so each


I also finished the Martin Beck series, several months after first starting it in a Yorkshire hotel. I LOVE this series. I love it's clarity and precision. I love that, without theatrics or fireworks, you are absolutely entwined with the story and unable to put it down. I love how I had to know what was going to happen, even when I didn't think the plot was great. My favourite is probably Cop Killer, out of the entire series, but they're all good. You can read them as standalone, but you get a much better feel for it if you read the whole series.

Book count: 41/50

No comments:

Post a Comment